Benefits of a life income gift such as a charitable remainder trust include:
- Highly flexible and can be customized to your needs and goals
- Generates income while making an important gift to the American Battlefield Trust
- Increases income from the assets you donate
- Qualifies for an immediate income tax deduction
- Reduces possible estate taxation
There are two ways to receive payments with charitable remainder trusts:
- Charitable remainder annuity trust generates income that is determined at the outset and never varies.
- Charitable remainder unitrust pays out a percentage of trust assets, resulting in income payments that rise or fall depending on the annual value of assets.
With each of these gifts, you can create a lifetime source of income for yourself or someone else, claim a current income tax deduction, possibly save on capital gains taxes, and support our mission or preserve our nation’s hallowed battlefields.